Thursday, February 23, 2012

Where can i find information for debating my schools absene policy?

we're doing a policy debate in Debate class and a more leaneant absence policy is one of the topics. my position is affirmative but i can't find information to go along with my case. the info has to be from a good source and we have to cite it. please help me with finding information.Where can i find information for debating my schools absene policy?I'm not sure which side you are in the affirmative with, but if you google "absene policy in school" you will get many results.



If you are for the LOA (leave of absence) for students you may use things like military families (especially now). In my son's school (he's only 4th grade) a chum had to be out for 2 weeks because her mum broke her foot and was not able to drive her manual drive car so the school worked things out with them. Another example I have seen again related to the military. One student's dad was shipped out only to find out his wife was pregnant. It is a very difficult pregancy and for the last month of it the student needed to be home to care for her mum who was bedridden by doctor's orders.



Good luck.
  • fondue
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment