Sunday, February 26, 2012

How to read a boring textbook fast while retaining information?

I have to read over 100 pages of a textbook this weekend. I'm a slow reader, so it's been taking me an hour to read just 20 pages. Also, it's boring as hell and I can't find any motivation to do it.



How can I read faster and retain information? And how do I motivate myself to do it?How to read a boring textbook fast while retaining information?To help retain the information take a short 5-10 minute break every 5 pages or so. Even though it's boring, you just have to force yourself to do it. Once you start, it will probably become a little easier.How to read a boring textbook fast while retaining information?
It's really difficult to read a textbook fast and retain it. I find that with textbook reading I usually have to compromise: either I read fast and remember nothing, or I really take my time and remember it. The best way I've found to remember the info is to take notes. It makes the process go slower but it's definitely worth it. You just need to set aside enough time. Do it in small chunks (maybe 20 pages at a time with breaks) and it won't seem that bad.How to read a boring textbook fast while retaining information?I've had pretty good luck with just skimming for the more important information. Most textbooks have key vocabulary, people, events, topics, etc. highlighted somehow. Skip over parts that don't seem crucial. You could also try googling to find summaries of the chapters you need to read; try websites like sparknotes.com. Or you could just do it the old fashioned way- get a cup of coffee and READ it:)How to read a boring textbook fast while retaining information?
If you're trying to learn the stuff slowly and retain info there's really no easy way. What I recommend is taking notes while reading. It's boring as hell at first, but when you go back to study again you'll have your own notes instead of 100 pages to read.How to read a boring textbook fast while retaining information?maybe you should try to take notes while reading... underline the most important part

think about what it will get u ( a good grade)

No comments:

Post a Comment