Monday, February 20, 2012

What is the role of the network architecture in relation to information systems planning?

It seems all the information I've been looking for is for network related people..What I truly want to know is how is this important in information systems planning? How is it aligned?What is the role of the network architecture in relation to information systems planning?Information systems planning is critical, related to architecture, and lack of it is a big reason people are generally dissatisfied with their computer system. To do serious planning, you need to determine:

1. What are my security needs?

2. What are my backup needs?

3. What about disaster recovery issues?

4. What do I want my IT system to accomplish?

5. How much per year can I invest to meet the IT needs?

6. How many computers do I need?

7. Do I need portability (laptops) badly enough to pay the extra initial cost plus extra security needed with wireless?

8. What equipment, data, and software do I currently have and how does that relate to what I need?

9. What are my customers needs? Do they need a website? downloads? to be able to buy online with a credit card?

10. What are managements needs? Do they need to track employee usage to prevent theft?

If you just go buy boxes without planning you are highly unlikely to have your IT needs fully met.

No comments:

Post a Comment