Monday, February 20, 2012

What information is released by a credit card company to amazon?

I am buying from amazon and I just want to know what information is released from the bank to the merchant when they place the $1.00 hold on the credit/debit card.

I'm saying this because I ordered something with my wife's credit card but when completing the order I entered my name as the card holder, and it seems that the order went thru.

Thank youWhat information is released by a credit card company to amazon?Most companies use a merchant service and the way they validate the account is by using the zip code, address and vcode if the information comes back as correct the payment goes thru. I usually buy items from amazon with my business credit card where my name is not listed on the card just on the account and since i do have all the veryfing info they accept it. Either way your wife is protected by the CC company for fraud and has around 6 months to dispute a fraudulent charge. I hope this helps you.



Sincerely

Luis
  • carolina skiff
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment