Thursday, February 23, 2012

How do I move all of my website information to another domain name?

Yahoo is currently my web host. A different individual is now paying for the website using GoDaddy. How do I get my information to the new website? (I want to use the same or a similar layout)



Thanks in advance!How do I move all of my website information to another domain name?14 Oct 2005 ... It took several days to switch the data at all data centers. .... My feedbuzzard site is one of those severely impacted by a re-org of my site and the .... How i remove old server information ? Google need some tool to do that. ...... I have a site, and own 4 different domain names for it. ...How do I move all of my website information to another domain name?if you used a joomla or drupal or wordpress or other similar CMS or template based site, you will have to back up the database using phpmyadmin, and then ftp all your files over from the public_html or htdocs directory.



otherwise, you just ftp all your files over from the public_html or htdocs directory.



then, ftp the files to the new place, and you will have to modify the databases to match their new home's names. you will also have to reconfigure any CMS' config files with the new database names and usernames. I usually give them full permission.



I am surprised you don't have the current version of your own web site. you should, you posted it didn't you? Otherwise there would be nothing there - unless you paid someone else to do it...

if that's the case, you might also want to check cgi-bin for scripts they may have written...



the original email you got from your hosting will tell you all the ftp settings. you can ask yahoo or whoever for your ftp settings. make sure your print out the email you get and file it!



yahoo is really expensive. I heard godaddy's php wasn't very solid. but they are great with domains. I would keep your hosting elsewhere. If you need support or space, go to penguinwebhosting.com if you don't and you want cheap, go to 100webspace.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment