Sunday, February 26, 2012

How can I find out information on a will that is public record now ?

We are trying to get information from a will that should be open to the public right now. can I get this information online, or do I have to go to the courthouse ?How can I find out information on a will that is public record now ?You may be able to get it online, but don't count on it. Online services are not available everywhere. To find out if they're available from your area, search using Yahoo or Google by putting in the name of your county and state and the words "clerk of court" or "probate court." That will probably lead you to whatever services are available. If you can't find any, you may have to do it the old fashioned way and go to the courthouse.How can I find out information on a will that is public record now ?A will has to be probated. Once probated (varies by state) a copy is put on file in the court house.

No comments:

Post a Comment