Friday, January 27, 2012

What's the difference between Computer Information Systems and Computer Science?

I am majoring in Computer Information Systems with a BBA. I was wondering if majoring in Computer Science is better. Also, when I was looking at other schools, they have CS with a BA and BS degree. What's the difference? And if I major in CIS, what kinds of jobs could I have?What's the difference between Computer Information Systems and Computer Science?computer sc. has programming while other has notWhat's the difference between Computer Information Systems and Computer Science?Computer information systems focuses mainly on how to design and manage computer networks, whereas computer science focuses mainly on computing - it's more theoretical and includes more about programming.



It's kind of like the difference between being a mechanic (CIS) vs. being a car designer (CS) - except that there probably is not as big a salary difference between CIS and CS graduates (although my guess is CS grads do make more than CIS grads).



CIS grads tend to get jobs in IT, setting up and managing networks, whereas CS grads tend to get programming jobs.

1 comment:

  1. I just came across your blog and found it be really helpful in my evaluation
    BMW 645Ci AC Compressor

    ReplyDelete