Friday, January 27, 2012

Why does HR need so much information about flights when reimbursing for travel?

I had to travel recently, and I am being reimbursed for my flight through human resources. They asked for a bunch of information, including the name of the credit card holder who paid for the flight, the card type, the last four digits of the credit card number, the airlines record locator, and the airline ticket number. Do they actually have to go through and verify that I was on the flight and used the ticket that I paid for? It just seems like I have to release too much info to them.Why does HR need so much information about flights when reimbursing for travel?it depends on the company policy -- they just want to insure you are not ripping off the company -- in large companies that has a lot of travel it is the number one reason folks are fired -- cheating on expense reports!!!Why does HR need so much information about flights when reimbursing for travel?This is standard procedure for verification of a flight for reimbursement.

No comments:

Post a Comment