Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What is the best way to learn alot of information in a short amount of time without help?

Ok I know that sounded kinda weird, but at work I have this manual I'm supposed to study, and it's not even about what I'm going to be trained to do, but my boss wants me familiar with the information in the book. It's a big thick manual. It's a normal notebook with about 200 pages in it. What is the best way to learn all the key information fast?What is the best way to learn alot of information in a short amount of time without help?Does it have a Index? If so look through it first. Also does it have Headings or words that are bolded or in itallics, if so look over these items first. Usually the first sentence in a paragraph has the basic info, so you can skim the the book, if the first sentence has good information then read more, if not go on to the next paragraph. Also the first %26amp; last paragraphs in a chapter usually have lots of info. Sometimes if you go to the end of the book it will have key words or terms that you can read %26amp; get a good feel for the book. Each book is different, so it is hard to give hard %26amp; fast rules about the best way to get the most info in the least time. I hope this helps.What is the best way to learn alot of information in a short amount of time without help?I'm sure your boss has not read it. Just read anything in bold and skim the glossary.

No comments:

Post a Comment