Monday, January 30, 2012

What is the cheapest way to transfer information on my hard drive on my dead computer to my new computer?

My mother board just died on my old laptop. It won't turn on. So I bought a new computer. I also have an external hard drive. Best Buy charges $100 for it. Is there a cheaper way or place I can pull the information off my old computer?What is the cheapest way to transfer information on my hard drive on my dead computer to my new computer?depending on the model and all that stuff, you might just be able to take the hard drive out of your old computer and put it into another computer that is compatible with the hard drive, save the info to your external, and then load whats on the external into your new computer. To safeguard from something like this happening again, make backups by copying your hard drive onto a disk or other storage device every now and then.What is the cheapest way to transfer information on my hard drive on my dead computer to my new computer?
Read it carefully. You wont get a surprise in the end. like taking the hard drive out and realizing that you cant plug it in your pc.

if the hard dirve is sata then you can simply take it out of your laptop and put it in your computer. you dont need to set jumpers.

if it is ide drive and you cant hook it up to your pc then use one of these.
http://www.umlan.com/reviews/hardware/h7鈥?/a>

its going for $10 in canada.
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_i鈥?/a>

and again no jumper settings.

in either case you gonna have to remove the drive from your laptop and once you hook it up, you will see it in your "my computer".What is the cheapest way to transfer information on my hard drive on my dead computer to my new computer?Extract the internal hard drive from your old computer, set the jumpers so it's a slave drive, and attach it to your new computer. Turn on your computer, drag the contents of the slave drive to your master drive.



It will cost you nothing.What is the cheapest way to transfer information on my hard drive on my dead computer to my new computer?
What that first guy said, but more than likely you won't have to set any jumpers.What is the cheapest way to transfer information on my hard drive on my dead computer to my new computer?hello use a program like this too do what u want!!!!!! good luck!!!!!!!!!!! u can copy hole hard drive or just save what u want!!!!!!!http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/pro鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment